[thechat] OMG I can't stop geeking out on wikipedia!

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Mon Dec 1 02:10:32 CST 2008

The wikipedia-l archives!
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikipedia-l/

Pretty fascinating, especially if you dig back toward the beginning!
There are posts to the list that are almost identical to posts I've seen
to the forum.

Apparently EVERYONE has problems with cafepress.
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2008-October/030793.html

Then the flame wars start... Sanger desperately seeking some type of
authority to make it stop...
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2002-December/thread.html

systems of moderation are discussed, etc etc ad nauseum.  Take evolt.org
of the same era (2002), and add a whole bunch of extra nationalism in...

Fun fact: it appears that "Dungeons & Dragons" was one of the first
articles on Wikipedia.

Erika