[thechat] 10volt!

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Wed Dec 17 17:16:17 CST 2008

Martin Burns wrote:
> I used to live across the road from possibly the best IPA brewery in the
> world:
> http://www.caledonian-brewery.co.uk/ipa_home.html

Nonsense.

Superdog is the best IPA in the world (except, of course, for
Superduperdog.)  They are progessively hoppier versions of Dog Day Ale.

http://luckylab.com/html/ales.html#OnTap

While you can get them to fill bottles at the brewery, Lucky Lab beers
are not sold in stores afik.  So too bad for you.  Good for me because I
always know what to get my dad for Christmas (he brews a mean ale
himself... and wine etc, but variety is always nice.)

One of the best IPAs you can get in a store is Terminal Gravity
http://www.terminalgravitybrewing.com/
though it's a bit heavy/strong ... I like them stone cold HOPTASTIC

Anyway, I can't turn around without some new brew showing up... Amanda
Erickson and I had some fucking awesome Porter the other night; it was
crisper than most, with evergreen(pine)-like overtones.. I have no idea
what it was called.  You can't toss a rock in Portland without hitting a
brewery.  So I haven't had a Shiner bock since Evoltigeddon.

Regardless, I *am* on board with the Guinness (Lucky Lab Black Lab Stout
is pretty kickass, but again, no distribution...)

Another pdx fav is Widmer Hefeweizen, a cloudy ale that tastes really
good with a lemon slice.  I don't think it's sold in bottles, but it
does have keg distribution in PDX.

I'm thinking we'll need to have categories: pils, bock, pale, hefe, red,
winter ale, alt, IPA, porter, stout ... hm.  maybe add in specialty ales
(the kinds that are brewed with fruit or unusual herbs).  Maybe also
divide up the stouts...

Erika