[thechat] playing games

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Jan 8 13:21:49 CST 2009

Hassan Schroeder noted:

>>I could always pick up almost anything and play by ear.

Hi Hassan,

<shade = 'jealous green' />
Hate you! ... Hate your French Horn too!

Maaaan, I wish I could do that.  [Okay. Okay.  Mr. Lazybones here wishes he could do that _without_ putting in hours and hours at a keyboard developing the ear training that could make that a more likely possibility.]  Heck, I wish I could just play the music I hear in my head.

>>... our band director had a day a month or so where everyone got to switch instruments.

How cool!  Dang that sounds like fun!  Yeah, a bunch a noise.  But mondo fun.

>>Most people "see" what they expect to see (or the absence thereof)
>>rather than scanning for new patterns that reveal what really is.

Hello?  Pattern recognition *is* math!  ;-)

Cheers,
RonL.