[thechat] Hello? Anyone Out There?

Joel D Canfield Joel at CommonsenseEntrepreneur.com
Sat Jan 24 19:03:12 CST 2009

> Out of curiosity Joel, what is a "virtual assistant"?

administrative assistant, secretarial type (essentially, anything you
need done in your office) but over the internet.

Sue does audio transcription, sets up blogs for clients, then posts what
they've written, makes phone calls (not telemarketing) and generally
does whatever *doesn't* directly make them money or isn't their strong
suit, but still needs to be done.

to describe what she does, she asks prospects two questions: what are
you doing in business right now that's not directly adding to your
bottom line? I can do that for you. what are you doing right now that
you really don't enjoy? I can do that, too.

she's got a small team she can offload specialty stuff to (someone with
accounting background, 'cause Sue's done all the bookkeeping she cares
to do.)

there's a long answer, too . . .