[thechat] Hello? Anyone Out There?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Sun Jan 25 18:04:37 CST 2009

> I've never really spent any time in Sacramento. I'll have to ask my SF
> friends who are from there what is up and about in Sac. That is one of
> those weird towns that definitely has its own culture and vibe but is
> so close to a town (San Francisco) that has a much stronger one. A big
> enough town to escape some of the Capital City influence that pervades
> the nastiness of state capitals but still definitely not the swankest
> of towns.

My early '80s Sacrademento experience centered around a nondescript
strip mall bar that regularly hosted bands like X, the Contractions,
Lords of the New Church -- truly amazing. I only lived there for a
year or so, though, before a better job in San Jose drew me away...

My daughter and her husband live in Sacto now but that wouldn't be
their style, so I have no idea what's going on these days.

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com
Webtuitive Design ===  (+1) 408-621-3445   === http://webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.