[thechat] <grumble />

erik mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Thu Feb 19 09:57:42 CST 2009

This is the recently passed US stimulus bill we're talking about, I'm assuming.

If my assumption is correct, little if any of it is appropriated for
increased federal agency budgets - the biggest slice of it goes to tax
breaks. The second biggest goes to state governments to fund existing
programs. Those two things make up well over half. The only thing I
can think of that would require federal agencies to bolster their
staff with new employees or consultants would be the clean energy
stuff - most everything else just increases or extends the amount
agencies are already doling out - for example for building roads,
paying unemployment and medical benefits, etc.

My job seems to be fine for the foreseeable future - a lot of our work
is government contracts, plus I have a skill set that would make me
one of the last to be laid off in my group - or it seems to me. We
actually looked for a third CF developer for like half a year and
couldn't find one so gave up.

- Erik

--
Erik Mattheis

Postulate: One cat has eight tails.
Proof: No cat has seven tails. One cat has one more tail than no cat.
Therefore, one cat has eight tails.

http://fearofclowns.com/