[thechat] <grumble />

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 18:59:53 CST 2009

On 19 Feb 2009, at 16:04, Scott Dexter wrote:

> We're in a salary and hardware freeze, which stinks, but it's better
> than pay cut and/or layoffs.

Nothing announced yet, but willing to put money on no increases this
year (despite posting record profits)

> And if you're playing the home game... yours truly is married and
> expecting a baby boy in August. Wow!

Wow indeed - see, you disappear one of all the young dudes and come
back middle aged ;-)

> Work-wise, I'm officially a cat-herder these days, aka Dev Manager.
> I wouldn't know a hand-coded AJAX call from a SOAP call if asked.
> Well, okay, not *that* bad, but it's close. I spend my days
> concerned about agile practices, unit testing, ensuring quality etc
> etc.

Hey stop holding up that there mirror. You *know* what it does to
dragons...

Cheers
Martin
(who's surrounded by people who conflate 'agile' with 'undisciplined')