[thechat] differentiating two authors in print

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 17:02:13 CDT 2009

http://freakonomicsbook.com/

>> I guess I would question why the reader cares who is speaking most of
>> the time.
>
> most of the time, they don't. occasionally, we're making completely
> unique statements about our past or our areas of expertise. I just
> think, in the long run, it'll be confusing to have a man and a woman
> with very different backgrounds both speaking in the first person.

This is exactly how the above book handles it. Most of the information
is not personal, but when they have personal digressions where it
makes sense to identify with a particular co-author, then they state
as much and break it out differently. I can't recall whether it's with
a different font or a line in the margin or what. Take a look at the
library or book store.

--
Matt Warden
Cincinnati, OH, USA