[thechat] No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 08:47:22 CDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Luther, Ron <Ron.Luther at hp.com> wrote:
> (I think my lip may be bleeding.  I've been biting it.  Last week I was asked for my "input" on ideas to correct a system performance issue.  A performance issue caused by a design flaw I've been pointing at for 2.5 years!)

Ron, do you plan on connecting the dots for them? Sounds like a good
opportunity to me.

I'm not saying one shouldn't state their opinion (especially when one
is right, which we always are). I'm just saying that one should
consider picking battles and only putting himself or herself out
herself out there when there is some measurable possibility that
anyone will listen. If someone has power and their ego invested in an
idea, no set of numbers or logic is likely to change their mind.

--
Matt Warden
Cincinnati, OH, USA