[thechat] System Alert Messages

Jack Timmons jorachim at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 08:15:03 CDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Luther, Ron <Ron.Luther at hp.com> wrote:
> Sorry.  Had to share.  Just received the following 'system alert' message:
>

> "[system x] is experiencing data timeliness, there is no ETA.  Users might not experience any disconnections."
>

> I think I may go back home now.
>
> RonL.

Most classic. "System is working as or better than expected. It isn't
really an error, we're just totally surprised and wanted to share it
with you."

Our system errors consist of:
"The failboat has pulled into the station. Choo choo!"
"@!%*$# &#%$!"
"Oh shi*!"
"Holy fruitflies, Batman!"

And, the ever-favorite:

"Your Face!"

Previous systems I've made had errors like "You should be shot in the
head.", but those were eventually removed because they worked too
well. Not in getting people to shoot themselves (it was on a private
test site), but because I'd get offended at myself when it would come
up (which was rare, since I usually don't do intense stuff that might
cause errors).

--
-Jack Timmons
http://www.trotlc.com