[thechat] Should I Buy LCD?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Wed Apr 29 10:02:30 CDT 2009

Fred Jones wrote:

> Any other thoughts on this subject are appreciated--like if LCDs
> really are easier on the eyes. :)

Aside from the tech stuff that's been addressed -- and check this,
you can get a 23" Dell 2048 x 1152 for $379 (http://tinyurl.com/dh7r9z)
the nice thing I've found about LCDs is that they feel so much lighter.
Big CRTs are exactly that, big, bulky, hot, energy-consuming.

Your working space is so improved by having something visually much
lighter. My wife even remarked on it when we dumped the big CRT TV
for a flat panel: changed the feel of the whole room, even with it
in a cabinet.

YMMV, of course :-)

(I'm currently using my 15" 1440x900 MBP with an external 1280x1024
19" LG Flatron; a good mix for handling both wide and tall apps.)
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com
webtuitive design ===  (+1) 408-621-3445   === http://webtuitive.com
twitter: @hassan
                           dream.  code.