[thechat] Twitter Nonsense

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Wed Aug 26 11:14:09 CDT 2009

Matt Warden wrote:

>> So far this twitter thing is pretty weird if u ask me.
>
> I can't get into it. I have tried a couple times. The signal-to-noise
> ratio on twitter is worse than an AOL chat room.

Then I'd respectfully suggest you're following the wrong people :-)

I <3 Twitter -- it's an essential part of my news stream, on a wide
variety of subjects. And yes, there's a "social" component, in that
people I follow for some aspect of tech or whatever also provide me
with insight into their personal lives and thoughts, which is great.
(Some people I follow I know or have met in meatspace, some not.)

That said, if you're not using a dedicated desktop Twitter client,
e.g. Tweetie, Tweetdeck, ur doin it rong. :-)

FWIW,
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com
webtuitive design ===  (+1) 408-621-3445   === http://webtuitive.com
twitter: @hassan