[thechat] Content & Connectivity

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 08:58:28 CDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Luther, Ron <Ron.Luther at hp.com> wrote:
> (a) Comcast tv and AT&T DSL? (plus that racken-sacken fricken-fracken $80 AT&T DSL router - since the AT&T router appears to do some channel/frequency/digital switching/hopping/timing magic that I haven't been able to replicate with any off the shelf switch or router hardware.)
>
> (b) Dishnet satellite tv and internet?  I haven't used this.  Would it be better or worse than "a"?

I'm probably not the best person to answer, since I'm not a huge TV
guy and I don't really understand how people justify spending $60-$150
each month so that they can have access to such inspiring content as
kourtney & khloe take miami, but...

I have never done the dish thing, but I'm definitely leaning towards
it so I can watch the foosball. It seems reasonable, and I have not
heard of any "gotchas".

I'd be interested to hear from others who have used dish tv.

(I wouldn't use it for internet... it's pretty expensive and unless
you live in the boondocks where there is no cable/dsl service, I don't
think it makes sense)

> (For my local area {Earth at present} I'm pretty much sold on avoiding the Comcast intertubes if possible.)

I had them for 3 years in the corp apt in central PA. Can't speak to
pricing, but I had no issues with the service.

--
Matt Warden
Cincinnati, OH, USA