[thechat] Content & Connectivity

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Oct 27 02:38:49 CDT 2009

On 26 Oct 2009, at 13:58, Matt Warden wrote:

> I'd be interested to hear from others who have used dish tv.

That'd be a pretty high %age of the UK population - there are really
only 2 providers of PayTV[1] here. One operates by cable, and the
other by satellite.

Assuming you're in an area covered by cable (they ain't expanding the
network this side of the next ice age), there's not a lot to drive the
choice other than some very specific channels, even given that one of
them is owned by Murdoch[2].

Cheers
Martin

[1] Yeah, I am discounting the small number of channels on Freeview
[2] Disclosure: my dayjob is providing services to the Murdoch-owned
one, but I'm in no senses an employee