[thechat] E-Verify ... curiosity

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Feb 11 16:29:34 CST 2010

On 11 Feb 2010, at 21:28, Luther, Ron wrote:

>>> Yeah, the UK's much touted Identity Card (and BigScaryDatabase(tm) behind it) which is
>>> starting to be available to mugs who want it is proving to be not accepted by anyone.
>>> Including the travel operators who now demand govt issued photo ID even for internal flights.
>
> Yeah, I've been following the articles on the National ID cards at Vulture Central for quite some time now. And the Ozzie blacklist craziness as well.  And the BoFH, naturally. Come to think of it - I get most of my news from El Reg.  And most of that is repeated in /. as well.

Well, I renewed my passport today, so I've escaped the worst of the NIR. Even if the cost is now £129 (ok, I did need the same day service, cos I'm back in India in less than a month and need a new visa too).

I'll tell ya - passport photos taken necessarily every 10 years sure show how you're aging.

Cheers
Martin