[thechat] site down?

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Fri Feb 12 09:34:15 CST 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 7:07 AM, Stéphane Deschamps <lists at nota-bene.org>wrote:

> Asafp. He he. I have found the family name of my next nom-de-plume :)

I thought it was a typo. Then I started playing with ideas for what that
typo could *really* stand for. Then I realised it is not a typo.

Carry on.

Speaking of nom-de-plume, my older brother is starting work on his 2nd and
3rd novels simultaneously, and is doing research on surnames from the Alsace
Lorraine region from about 150 years ago.

The one I'm co-authoring is a mystery set in San Diego in 1937. It's nice
working with someone who loves digging in and doing that total immersion
thing; he gets to the point that he could probably be dropped in
Switzerland, 1866, and fit right in. Me, I just like to tell the story,
which causes me to avoid silly things like facts and history. Makes it clear
why some of my favorite fiction authors credit their research assistant.