[thechat] Guitars

Jack Timmons jorachim at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 12:17:29 CST 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:09 PM, Joel D Canfield <joel at bizba6.com> wrote:
> electric is easier than acoustic

I'm aiming for acoustic, since that's what I like. I've had very
little teaching (mostly just how to tune a guitar by ear), but I've
been able to pick up my son's little kid's guitar and play a few
notes. I'd just rather have one my size (yeti).

> for starters, you can get a Squier Strat and small Fender amp, with cable,
> strap, all the blah blah blah for about $400 total. For about $700, you can
> get a MexiStrat, which is nicer than a Squier.
>
> I love my Strat.
>
> Or, if you're in the mood, you can get a Saga kit for under $200 and build a
> Strat or Telecaster copy, or a Gibson SG or Les Paul copy.
>
> Ibanez makes some nice stuff too.
>
> Cheaper guitars often don't stay in tune as well. My stepson has a $99 Strat
> copy and a $99 Les Paul copy. Neither one will stay tuned for two songs in a
> row.

Excellent advice. I'll keep this in mind.

--
-Jack Timmons
http://www.trotlc.com