[thechat] Jaspersoft BI Toolset?

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 11:53:39 CST 2010

Yes. It is just a repackaged version of Pentaho elements like
Mondrian. I'm not sure if their ETL is based on Kettle. If you're a
smart dude (and I know you are) it will make you smarter. But if your
users aren't as smart as you, this tool won't help you.

Are you working on new marts or are you just playing around on your
spare time because you're curious? If its new stuff at work that is
driving this, it would be interesting to hear why you're looking at
Jasper versus your current output tool. i.e. What are the pain points
you're trying to solve.

--
Matt Warden
Cincinnati, OH, USA