[thechat] Looking for a waaaaay old thread from thelist

Marc Seyon marc.seyon at gmail.com
Tue May 4 12:58:37 CDT 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Luther, Ron <Ron.Luther at hp.com> wrote:

> Marc Seyon asked:
>
> >>I remember reading a discussion on thelist several years back (more than
> 3)
> >>about the pros and cons of embedding description into product codes (eg
> >>SKUs)
>

> On a fairly regular basis someone somewhere in your organization will get
> the bright idea to 'embed intelligence' into the part numbering system.
>  (I'm sure that in my chequered past I have probably been that guy a time or
> two.)

Oh believe me I know. Actually the bright idea came long ago. Picture a 15
character product id replete with letters, numbers AND odd punctuation
characters.

And of course the 12th character doesn't always refer to the same thing
across products. Blah blah headache.

But this is prolly veering into thelist discussion territory.

Thanks Ron!

regards.
-marc

--