[thechat] Buying a Site

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 09:34:53 CDT 2010

I just found flippa.com. In case you don't also know, it's a
marketplace for buying/selling websites. I see one there that I am
mildly interesting in. It has a monthly income (they claim) but I
would buy it also with the intention of putting a link there to my
partner's hosting site.Then we would get the income from the site
being bought and also perhaps new hosting clients--the site for sale
is regarding Wordpress so a few hosting clients seems reasonable.

Does anyone have any experience with this? It sounds great in theory
but also fraught with all kinds of pitfalls...

Thanks,
Fred