[thechat] US Contract Gig - Tax Questions

Roger Austin raustin3 at nc.rr.com
Wed Sep 29 15:37:13 CDT 2010

---- "Luther wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I figger somebody here (if there *is* anybody here anymore) might know the tax implications of taking on a contract job - versus normal employment.
>
> Do contractors get hit with extra SS and Unemp taxes?  That kind of stuff.

I would think that they would unless they are working for a company that
supplies contractors out to other businesses. In that case, the contractors
are really employees of the contracting agency and they will get withholding
and a W-2.

If you don't get a W-2, get a CPA.

TheChat has been very quiet. Everyone must be on FaceBook now. ;)

--
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/roger-austin/8/a4/60
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RogerTheGeek