[thechat] US Contract Gig - Tax Questions

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Wed Sep 29 17:11:38 CDT 2010

Hi Guys,

Wow!  Thanks for the quick feedback!

I think my wife is starting a contract gig on Friday!  (Hurray!)  So we had a quick 'need to know' and I figured several folks here would have had personal experience with it.

* Yes - we have a call in to a friend who used to be one of the annual H&R Block folks - but we haven't heard back from them yet.

I think the conclusion we came to is that, although there is more paperwork involved, the reporting and payment of the tax is not incremental - it's just a shift from an employer responsibility to a self-employed responsibility.

Whew!

Back to Facebookfriendsb*tch!,
RonL.