[thechat] places art lovers hang out online

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Wed Nov 24 12:20:42 CST 2010

Joel D Canfield:

>>wants to find online places art lovers hang out

Hi Joel,

I dunno.  That seems kind of generic.  People who *do* art hang out at places specializing in their area; quilt people hang with the quilt crowd, photobugs hang out at photo.net and a zillion other places,  guitar players hang out at the local bail bond office ...

I have no idea where the oil/acrylic/charcoal/watercolor/fingerpaint bespeckled folks putter about.

Regional art school types may hang together locally, Taos types might be found off painting in Canyon De Chelly for example.

People who *write* about art might coalesce at museum sites or specific artist/movement/oeuvre sites.

On the other hand, people who *collect* art hang at eBay and/or hundreds of fine art auction site kind of places as well as more specialized places like the "Art Nouveau / Judendstil" facebook page.

Tough One.

Good Luck,
RonL.