[thechat] How is mid-May for visiting USA?

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Wed Dec 1 08:50:40 CST 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 7:40 AM, Madhu Menon <chef at shiokfood.com> wrote:

> Hello folks.
>
> Having never visited the good ol' US of A despite having loads of family
> and friends there, I am considering coming over some time next year.
>
> So I was wondering about the best time to visit, mostly because of the
> weather. I like cool, dry weather, like 25 deg C (77 deg F to you) and I
> plan to stick around for 3-4 weeks, during which I will be (at least) in the
> Bay area, NYC, Vegas, and DC. I've not yet decided other cities to visit
> (recommendations are welcome.)

We so need to connect, Madhu. We're all over the place these days so keep me
posted on where you are, and when.

San Fran in mid-May might never get up to 77, but it's not as cold as Mark
Twain would have you believe. Except right near the water.

Vegas, mid-May, as far as I recall you'll be hitting 90s F.

That time of year, if you can hit the Pacific Northwest (Olympia Washington,
Portland Oregon, or even Vancouver, BC, Canada) you'll see some amazing
scenery, and have decent weather (other than mini-monsoons in Oregon.)

I hate to recommend TWO cities in California, but San Diego is worth a
visit. Best zoo on earth and every tourist and non-tourist thing you can
imagine to do (or not do.)

joel