[thechat] How is mid-May for visiting USA?

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 09:21:55 CST 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 8:40 AM, Madhu Menon <chef at shiokfood.com> wrote:
> Hello folks.
>
> Having never visited the good ol' US of A despite having loads of family and
> friends there, I am considering coming over some time next year.
>
> So I was wondering about the best time to visit, mostly because of the
> weather. I like cool, dry weather, like 25 deg C (77 deg F to you) and I
> plan to stick around for 3-4 weeks, during which I will be (at least) in the
> Bay area, NYC, Vegas, and DC. I've not yet decided other cities to visit
> (recommendations are welcome.)

Well, we're a big country and you'll get very different weather in
different places at that time of year. As Joel points out, Vegas will
be quite warm by mid May. NYC and DC should be near your target, but
probably a little cooler. Can't promise dry, though.

If you make your way to Austin, TX (live music & texas bbq) or
anywhere near Central TX, let me know -- there are a few other
evolters around. Ron L is in Houston, I believe. Scott Dexter is
somewhere around here as well. It will be dry here in May, but it will
be upper 80s F.

--
Matt Warden
Austin, TX, USA