[thechat] #uksnow

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Dec 2 09:01:33 CST 2010

OLD Fred Jones noted:

>>Other members think '64 is so far back they aren't sure if there was
>>even electricity then. lol.

Oh, they might believe the 'lectricity.  But I don't think they quite appreciate the tiny black and white television experience, the rotary telephone, or the utter lack of videogames.  Not to mention cordboards!

Cheers,
RonL.

Color tellys were _available_ ... but not everybody had one in '64.  I think we may have gotten our first in '65.  (Once you'd seen an episode of Flipper in color at a friend's house, it really sucked to go back to watching it in B&W at home.)