[thechat] web server running over a wireless LAN

erik mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Fri Jan 7 13:20:04 CST 2011

I have a client/server Adobe Air application and need to set it up to run
over a LAN. I'm not even sure what I'm trying to figure out, so this is the
scenario:

An application on a laptop displays simulations of SM websites on a
projector. Audience members need to interact with the "websites" from
applications running on tablets. For marketing purposes, the whole process
has to take place securely "offline".

What hardware is needed and what am I looking to set up on it? I know the
simplest solution would be just to use https, however the audience consists
of a bunch of C level folks who aren't necessarily techy, so again for
marketing purposes, we need to be able to tell them the application isn't
running over the Internet.

--
Erik Mattheis

http://www.flickr.com/gelk