[thechat] installing Ubuntu on an old Sony Vaio; it never finishes

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Fri Jan 21 16:43:29 CST 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Stéphane Deschamps <lists at nota-bene.org>wrote:

> Thoughts? Suggestions?
>>

> Yeah. Buy a new laptop. hehe.

yeah, I know. it's my old piece o' junk which the Little One inherited, but
for some reason, she's not happy with a bugged old beater that starts paging
out to disk before the OS even finishes loading.

tried booting from my Fedora CD and it ignored me, so mebbe I'll see if
there's a distro good for this beast

thanks, y'all.

hey, Stephane; met someone online who lives in s/e Paris who invited us to
come stay, now that we're nomads. I might make it to France after all.

joel