[thechat] where were you?

erik mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Sat Sep 10 03:36:22 CDT 2011

In 2oo1 I was working 100 freelance and got my best work done between 4 and
11 pm at which time I'd start drinking vodka.

On 9/11 I woke unp at 9 and turned the radio on, tuned to National Public
Radio. What I remember hearing was that a small plane had crashed into one
of the WTC.

I continued listening until they reported a second plane had crashed into
the other building and there were reports it was a passenger plane. I got up
and brought me spendy transistor  radio to the computer and read news sites.

A good friend called at about noon. I remember estimating that 10,000 people
had died.

It wasn't until I saw video of the controlled demolition explosions of WTC7
in 2006 or 2007 that I believed there had been more going on than hijaciked
planed flying into buildings.

--
Erik Mattheis

http://www.flickr.com/gelk