[thechat] Guitars - Wuz --> RE: restaurant in Bangalore

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Fri Feb 1 15:33:04 CST 2013

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Martin Burns <martin at easyweb.co.uk> wrote:

> I mean, I totally suck, but only another 9.5k hours of practise and I'll
> be competent. On playback, I can hear the basis of some nice lines coming
> together, but taking just too long to get to my fingers.

Guitar takes 10,000 hours. Bass, with 2 fewer strings, takes, er, um,
proportionally less time.

If I can do it, anyone with at least one hand can do it.

> Mean time, this:
>
> http://martinburns.posterous.com/work-in-progress-teenage-dirtbag-backing-trac

I like that.

Know about http://FebruaryAlbumWritingMonth.com?

Was gonna totally blow it off (for the 3rd year in a row) but this came to
me unbidden, so I caved

http://fawm.org/songs/199/