[thechat] Guitars - Wuz --> RE: restaurant in Bangalore

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue Feb 5 11:06:23 CST 2013

erik mattheis recounted his Ricky 4001 bass story ...

Hi Eric,

Wow!   Very cool deal on the Ricky!  I hope you are still having a lot of fun with her!

Mine is more a story of the deal not taken.  I bought my Guild electric new.  (Yes, a looong time ago.)   Back in high school I took her over to a friend's house to jam and show off.  He was quite impressed with her.  So impressed that he pulled out three guitar cases and offered to let me pick, my choice, for an even up swap.

The three guitars?
	* a black 1958 Les Paul,
	* a black 1957 Les Paul,
	* a black 1958 Flying V.

I stuck with my Guild.  I thought it played better and it was waaaaaaaaaay lighter than any of the Gibsons.

Unfortunately, it hasn't appreciated financially quite as much as any of those Gibsons have.  Oh well.  On the upside, at least I don't have to call my insurance agent and financial advisor before I pull mine out to play!    ;-)

Cheers,
RonL.