[thechat] windows workgroup internal email emulation thingy

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri Jul 12 23:01:12 CDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Joel Canfield <joel at spinhead.com> wrote:
> Gmail is becoming unreliable for urgent communications. I email my wife who
> is across the room, or her son who is all the way downstairs, and emails
> take hours, or never arrive.

Turn head away from computer.  Select appropriate vocal volume
internally.  Continue turning head to direction of recipient.  Holla.

:)

Seriously though, as Hassan and Joel say, some sort of IM system would
make the most sense here for immediate comms.  Skype, NSA concerns
aside, can be logged into simultaneously from multiple devices, which
is a bit handy.  File transfer is easy peasy lemon squeezy (drag and
drop).  Conversations can be logged locally for later reference (or
not, if you prefer) and if logging is enabled, the current
conversation state is remembered on startup (again, configurable).
Very handy if you're in the middle of a chat and you need to restart
the app/device/etc.

Other IM systems are available ;)

-n