[thechat] Cloudy Collaboration Apps

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 11:15:01 CDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 8:37 AM, Luther, Ron <Ron.Luther at hp.com> wrote:
> Matt Warden noted that:
>
>>Most of these providers can integrate or synchronize with your directory service or SSO. Regarding ownership, I have not personally reviewed the terms and conditions
>
>>are you saying that the content is owned by Google?
>

> Hi Matt,
>
> No.  I wasn't worried about Google taking my corporate content.  (Although I probably should have been interested enough to at least read the T&Cs.)
>
> I was more interested in 'orphan' content.  An employee sets up a share.  It's widely used.  The employee leaves the company.  What happens to the share, the information on the share,  and to the people relying on the share?  I suspect it may depend upon how that share was established.

Ah, I gotcha. So, we use Google Apps for Business and of course we
have had some people leave over time. It has not been an issue. The
account has admins that can access anything and re-share it
accordingly. Of course that assumes the user created it with their
@foo.com google account and not a personal account.

--
Matt Warden
http://mattwarden.com