[Theforum] Charter Gaps

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at compaq.com
Tue Oct 23 08:04:24 CDT 2001

Hi Gang,

I took a very very very quick peek at the draft evolt charter.

I'm pretty sure there is a lot of stuff that needs to be added ... if
you want that 501C.

It's not "interesting" stuff ... but I'm pretty sure if we want the
legal standing as an NFP we need to spell out a whole lot of "boring"
stuff ... the officers, their duties, their responsibilities, their
'term in office', how they can step down - including how the now-vacant
seat will be filled, how they can be forcibly removed - (and reasons for
that ... malfeasance, neglect of duties, appearing on the cover of 'Sex
with Sheep' monthly) .... quorums for holding BoD meetings and/or
'general assembly' meetings ... pluralities for passing 'general junk',
for changing bylaws, for ammending the charter ...

... all those kinds of 'Roberts Rules of Order' stuff probably need to
be nailed down - in writing ... to do this thing right.

My 2c,

RonL.