[Theforum] Whoa, people.

Emily Christensen em at members.evolt.org
Wed Oct 24 14:49:30 CDT 2001

From: Madhu Menon <webguru at vsnl.net>

> So I'd like to ask what the process is for selecting admins.
>
> When I looked at the list of admins, I saw many names I instantly
> recognise. A few, however, I have either never heard about, or have only
> surfaced a couple of times in the two years I've been a member of
Evolt.org
> (I won't name anyone).

Adding my two cents to this discussion as I'm probably one of the admins you
didn't recognize.

Isaac and Adrian have touched on this, but there are varying levels of
activity within the admin group, and the vast majority (if not all) of us
have been inactive at times due to personal or professional reasons (we've
seen marriages, births, deaths in the family, sickness, lots of moves,
etc.).

However, there are also many admins whom you don't "know" but who have been
active, to varying degrees, with evolt.org. I haven't done nearly as much
work with thesite and thelist and other evolt.org projects as most of the
other admins, but when I do "work" for evolt.org it's writing and editing.
There are others who do stuff in the background, too, even if you've never
heard of them.

Many of us older admins have also stuck around because we care deeply about
evolt and it's future, and want to be a part of both. I think I can safely
say that, regardless of experience or skill level, every single person on
admin (and some who have left) has been important by just being around and
contributing their own vision of what evolt.org is/should be.

What can I say, it's been an exhilarating, maddening, and sometimes
frustrating experience.

Anyway, I shouldn't be on the computer right now. (grin)

Cheers,
Emily