[Theforum] evolt.org's mission statement ... first draft ... fire away

Elfur Logadóttir elfur at elfur.is
Thu Oct 25 11:32:36 CDT 2001

our mission statement as printed on the footer of *every* evolt page:

"evolt.org is a world community for web developers, promoting the mutual
free exchange of ideas, skills and experiences."

I don't think this mission statement should change.

our vision:
taken from two different faq pages with slight alterations, shown in
brackets.

from the faq page "how did evolt.org come about":
"The main goal of [...] [evolt.org is] to promote the free exchange of
ideas in a community created by web professionals [...]. [evolt.org
believes that] providing content for the web community by the web
community [is] the best way to actually learn the business of the web."

from the faq page "who runs evolt.org":
"The [...] members of evolt.org [...] run evolt.org. Whether it is
participating in discussions on our mailing list, adding browsers to the
browser archive, contributing articles to thesite or building the
features that will power the next incarnation of evolt.org, the members
are running the show."

and finally, putting the two together, suggesting this as our vision:

"The main goal of evolt.org is to promote the free exchange of ideas in
a community created by web professionals. Evolt.org believes that
providing content for the web community by the web community is the best
way to actually learn the business of the web.
The members of evolt.org run evolt.org. Whether it is by participating
in discussions on our mailing lists, adding browsers to the browser
archive, contributing articles to the site or building the features that
will power the next incarnation of evolt.org, the evolt.org members are
running the show."

so, how about that for starters?

thanks
elfur