[Theforum] Re: the furture of admin

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Fri Oct 26 15:27:50 CDT 2001

>I think size would still matter (so to speak). As it is, we sometimes get
>confused about who's working on what -- who is editing this article, who
>reponded to that email, etc.

I'm not sure what you mean by "confusion". Do you mean two people working
on the same thing at once? If so, that can be easily solved (and was GOING
to be solved but I was asked to desist) by implementing a "taken" or "i
got it" system *and* some sort of saved-copy-of-original-submission
system *in the application*. This would help with both editing
"locking" and Joe Skriptkiddie doing a Ctrl+A, Del of someone's new
submission, losing it forever.

So, if that's what you mean, that's just a tools issue and can be easily
overcome.

>There are also problems with consistency here. Should there really be 50
>people with the ability to edit articles? Eeek!

Other than using — and "evolt" rather than "Evolt", there's really no
quidelines. We basically try to keep the *writer's* style in tact, fixing
only grammatical and spelling errors. So, again, I don't think this will
be a problem.

Once again, being on theforum lists is not the same as having the priv
level to edit/approve articles. They're two separate things. It just so
happens that *probably* everyone with the priv level to edit/approve
articles would be on theforum.

cool?

--
mattwarden