[Theforum] Re: the future of admin

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Fri Oct 26 17:17:33 CDT 2001

From: "Warden, Matt" <mwarden at mattwarden.com>

| >Right, and the "no guidelines" thing is a recurring problem.
|
| Really? I guess I'm not seeing the same things you are. Can you give me
| examples? Then maybe I can understand where you're coming from.

me not being emily, but one example jumps up and down in my head right now
... the user who kept submitting articles that weren't good enough, we
struggled with them ... should we edit them to make them good (hence
leaving basically only his idea for an article) or should we deny them.

What we did in this particular case doesn't really matter ... because
murphy's law (or someone else's) says: if it happened once it will happen
again ... and it would be awfully nice to have guidelines for the "again"
period.

thanks
elfur