[Theforum] Re: A vote, (was: purpose of theforum)

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Mon Oct 29 06:06:36 CST 2001

Elfur wrote:
>.| moving this to theforum, since that's where it should be...
>no it shouldn't

Why?

>not to mention the way you chose to do it ... once again taking things
>out of context and making it seem like there's going to be a consensus
>to leave the community out of any decision making in running the
>community.

Um, I don't think I did that. But feel free to fill in the "context" left
out.

Of course, if the discussion had been on theforum in the first place...

>the discussion on admin is whether to move the steering power over here.

Ah! Excellent. And since my message was not about that, but rather
answering specific concerns with how *I* think they would be solved it,
this discussion is right where it should be

>most admins have already aired their opinion and most have been
>POSITIVE, have been rather approving than not..

Absolutely. THat's why i was confused by martin and isaac's messages.

>but things are still being discussed. and what you did doesn't help the
>discussion.

I've already voted, so I'm not much concerned with the discussion. There's
been zero opposition so far, so I don't see how it won't be passed.

Do you think it helped the people on theforum understand things a bit
better? Remember that these people haven't had the "luxury" of dealing
with admin for the last X years.

>lets finish the discussion, make the decision and then hand over the
>authority.

Go for it (what's taking so long?). Meanwhile, I'll do what this list was
created for.

Thanks,

--
mattwarden