[Theforum] Rambling, was: Barriers -- let's talk philosophically

Javier Velasco [mantruc] javier at msm.cl
Mon Oct 29 07:43:08 CST 2001

"A. Erickson" wrote:

> > Before hand I wouldn't have had an idea about approaching admin about
> > how to get more involved. I think I would have felt like a peasant
> > storming the castle (I'm only speaking for my personal POV here).
---

> I participate in a number of different communities online -- all run in
> different manners. Sometimes, I wish I was a part of the group which ran
> the show but in most cases that's just not possible. That's just the way
> things are. However, I'm in control of my participation in those
> communities. I can try to cross the moat or I can go elsewhere where my
> input makes a bigger impact. Again... I'm rambling.

i agree, however i guess we could have assummed that it's not *average*
to have the levels of self-motivation you (and all the founders) have,
however, we need people who are committed and strong
- this might not make much sense, i'm rambling too -

however, i feel like you that it's sad that admin was percieved as a
stone castle

ig uess our mistake was to not say it loud enough

--
Javier Velasco M.      -               nurun Chile
Information Architect  -       http://www.nurun.cl