[Theforum] Roll Call

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Tue Oct 30 05:30:21 CST 2001

I'm John Handelaar.  I'm 29 and I live in London.  My folks
are from Edinburgh and I carry an Irish passport.

> What do you do?

Tricky one.  I'm a print and radio journalist, a former
political campaigner, a designer, a process person, and
right now I co-own a company which can't afford to employ
any of us so we've started taking other people's cash
in wages.  Until Xmas I'll be at Brunel University as
a college media adviser.  Cod3r 5k1llz are coming along
in PHP (I contribute to http://geeklog.sf.net's codebase)
and I can change and sometimes debug Perl stuff.

> What do you want to do?

Earn a better living and stop making websites I'm not
interested in.

> What has been your experience with evolt so far?

I answer questions, and when I have a question to ask it
has never, not once in however many years it is now,
never ever had one answered.

I've done rather better on #evolt: as Garrett will attest,
I now get about 1 in 4 probs assisted from there :-)

I _think_ that thechat was my idea - London beervolt.  IIRC
that was the night that we fell out of the Elbow Rooms at
2.30am.

And thebot on #evolt runs on one of my servers (yes, it's
away atm, because the DSL line it's on the end of has failed).

> Do you have a cat?

No, although I'm resisting extreme pressure on the subject
at home.

> Do you kick kittens?

I tell her I do (see previous answer)

> Got a URL?

Lots, thanks for asking.  My own site basically ain't there
(cobbler's kids and all that).

> If you limited yourself to one food for the rest of your life what would
> it be?

Boiled potatoes, probably

> Boxers or Thongs?

Boxers.  Though I note a slight gender bias in the question...

> If you got into a fight with Taylor, would you win?

Taylor who?

Graham Taylor, universally-despised England football manager?
Shaw Taylor, charismatic TV crime show presenter from my
childhood ("Keep 'em peeled")?  Taylor Daine, gravel-voiced
PhD-owning one-hit eighties chanteuse?  "Taylor", monkey-
befriending astronaut who got upset at the sight of the
Statue of Liberty?

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7209 4117       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com