[Theforum] Roll Call

seb seb at members.evolt.org
Tue Oct 30 18:19:22 CST 2001

> Maybe we should do a quick roll call -- if no one objects. There's
> roughly 42 people on this list (Is that number a portent?) It seems like
> everybody is "in" for the moment. So...

Must ... resist ... quoting ... Adams ...

> Who are you?

Seb Potter. Electronic versions of me exist as fluke (quake3, diablo2,
halflife), and achilles (web, irc). My physical manifestation is 24 years
old, and located at N50:49:26 W00:09:17

> What do you do?

Work: Senior developer for a 15-year old software company that has fallen
into the black-hole of selling broadvision "solutions". I'm trying to claw
back past this financial event horizon by getting into other tech. I travel
5 hours a day on British Rail for this privelege.

Play: Learn as much as I can about everything. Currently this includes C++,
x86 assembler, the history of language and civilisation, various religions,
and pharmacology.

> What do you want to do?

Fly things. I want to fly gliders, planes, helicopters, hang-gliders, and
the odd rocket. The faster it goes, the better. (Unless it's unpowered,
which is even better.)

Quit Smoking. Or at least want to quit smoking.

Make life better for other people. I have a few ideas about how to do this,
but they're frustratingly long-term.

> What has been your experience with evolt so far?

Been here since just after the beginning. Probably the best thing I've done
for the internet, and the best that it has done for me.

> Do you have a cat?

No, though I want to buy a house so I can. Technically, I still belong to
Pumpkin, a 14 year-old tabby who owns the house I used to live in.

> Do you kick kittens?

No. Puppies are softer and make better noises. Besides, cats have long
memories and longer viscious streaks.

> Got a URL?

http://www.sebpotter.org (In the middle of redevelopment, which I just don't
have time for.)

I also have another top-secret project that will hopefully go public soon.

> If you limited yourself to one food for the rest of your life what would
> it be?

Staropramen. (Czech beer.)

> Boxers or Thongs?

On me? Boxers.
On her? Who cares, it all looks the same on the floor. :-P

(Well Ae, you had to ask!)

> If you got into a fight with Taylor, would you win?

If Taylor got me into a fight, then he's already lost. Always a gracious
winner, I'd then procede to beat the hell out of him.

Seb.