[Theforum] Re: questionnaire

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Wed Oct 31 17:28:24 CST 2001

At 6:14 PM -0500 10/31/01, you wrote:

>ron wrote:
>>we, instead, ask 'designer or coder?', 'front-end or
>>back-end?', 'IIS or Apache?', 'years experience with 'doing' web pages?'
>>... these might be the kinds of demographics that might lend some
>>understanding to issues like - all newbies like us, all seasoned-pros
>>think we should do more 'z', CF heads never read the articles, etc....
>
>I can dig that, homie.
>
>It's just gotta pass the "none of your business" test.

+1

Though, I like the idea of sneaking, "Are you, in fact, a dog?" in
there just for snicks.

The demographics we're interested in (who are we helping the most)
don't relate to income, race, religion, hair care practices, etc..

What distinctions are relevent?

Designer/Coder

*nix/MS/Mac (for dev - same for hosting, I guess - where are your skillz)

php/cf/asp/jsp/na

wysiwyg/hand code

years exp

work alone/work with others

English native lang? (I don't know if this would help, but it might
alert us to some of the cultural issues that we've been talking about
here - slang and all, esp. in the development of editing guidelines,
at least for "official" evolt.org statements/advisories)

etc., etc.

What else?

bob

--