[Theforum] Evolticon (was: Re: Propoganda FAQ....)

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Sat Nov 10 00:43:26 CST 2001

At 12:09 PM 11/10/2001, you wrote:
><cheeky>Although, if you read further on that page, you'll see that 59%
>of Usage Panel agree with me.</cheeky>

<cheeky strength="Double">

The panel agreed on the usage of the adjective "moot" to mean "of no
relevance" instead of the original meaning of "open to argument or debate".

We were talking about the verb "mooted", which, while not commonly use,
still holds its meaning. I would, of course, substitute it with a word like
"suggested" so that the sentence doesn't sound so "academic".

</cheeky>

OK, this thread has gone on for too long. No more debate. (as much as I
love debates on language ;)

Madhu

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant