[Theforum] New feature suggestions

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Sat Nov 10 15:16:54 CST 2001

(not sure if this belongs on thesite or theforum. However, since there
seems to be a serious database/cookie/authentication discussion on thesite,
I'll post it here ;)

A couple of new potential features for evolt.org:

1) Shouldn't we have a "notify me when a new article is posted" feature for
www.evolt.org? Yes, I know it's posted on thelist, but still... It would
drive more traffic to the site.

2) I'd like some way of posting requests for articles on a specific topic.
None of us are mindreaders, so we won't have any clue when a significant
number of people want an article explaining something like, say, XHTML
(example only). A mechanism to post requests for articles would be nice. I
see a "Suggestions" category, but that seems to be for site features.

Also, this opens up a new avenue for collaboration on articles. If someone
says, "I'd like an article on [xyz]", then member A and member B, who are
both knowledgeable about [xyz], could co-author the article. A would simply
ask B, "hey, want to work on this together?". Two heads are better than
one, etc.

Comments?

Madhu

Madhu Menon