[Theforum] survey 'second' draft

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sat Nov 10 15:53:12 CST 2001

spinhead wrote on 7/11/01 7:33 pm

>The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle essentially states that nothing can
>really be measured, since by observing it to measure it, you've changed it.

...at a quantum level. As for the most part, we live in a non-quantum,
linear world, the principle doesn't hold true for most cases.

Just as in most cases, Newtonian mechanics is fine - it got people
onto the moon, and would have got a lander onto Mars had someone
forgot what measuring system they were using.

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland