[Theforum] Re: langs

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Mon Nov 12 17:47:54 CST 2001

> I do NOT have a problem with publishing a German articles... as long as
> there's an English translation for the *majority* of our members to
> read. I think that suddenly changing (in a way that alienates them) what
> most benefits our current membership in the hopes that we invite more
> non-English-speaking members is a bad move. Different languages should be
> an added feature ("Also in German").

So, if there's an article in German, but not in English, you don't think it
should be posted?

I think we should post it in German and then await a translation. If no one
volunteers it, then tough.

Reread your comment above, but replace German with "PHP" and English with
"CF" or "ASP".

Think of it as being remotely comparable to CF vs ASP vs PHP lines. If I
write a solution that uses ASP, there's an option for it to be mirrored by a
CF fan. If they don't, *shrug*.

If I see a solution in ASP or PHP (on WEO or thelist), I don't feel
alienated. I just don't read it. I can either use the idea to write my own
version in CF, see if anyone else will, or let it pass for those who will
find it useful.

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au