[Theforum] langs

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Mon Nov 12 20:55:14 CST 2001

> as a review for non-English articles. All articles should be subjected to
> the same QA routine. If we can't provide the same quality checks in other
> languages, responsibility for quality in those areas falls entirely on the
> writers rather than with some administrative body. (If we can't read the
> articles, we can't even begin to judge quality and content. Babelfishing
> works for general concepts, but you can't review an article in a language
> you don't read. Period.)
>
> Are we more concerned about quality or multi-lingualness?

I think we're going to aim for both, but not abandon our level of quality.
The admin pool of reviewers will inevitably be expanded to ensure that we
don't blindly approve content based on babelfish's translation!

As an example, for the proposed German article which has sparked this, we
have a founding admin (Wolfgang) and Rudy's brother (long-time lurker on
thelist) who is fluent in German also.

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au