[Theforum] langs

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Mon Nov 12 23:04:11 CST 2001

> There's some discussion re: whether or not to insist on English
> translations. In the case you mention (and similar cases) wouldn't a
> translation be almost a prerequisite to getting a consensus on article
> quality before posting? (fuzzy on current review process)

Approval is generally based on personal judgement in line with the evolt.org
charter. In borderline cases, an admin will await responses/votes from at
least a couple of others.

So, a translation would not necessarily be required unless in cases of
particularly contentious issues perhaps.

i.e., not likely to cause trouble given the scenario of a German article for
example, since we have 2-3 admins with competent or fluent knowledge of
German, and others on call (or to be given administrative privileges in the
future).

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au