[Theforum] New feature suggestions

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Tue Nov 13 10:46:33 CST 2001

At 10:02 PM 11/13/2001, you wrote:
>-1  Only works for articles with ratings .. and there are LOTS, from
>pre-V.2, that have never been rated.  :(

OK, then technology can't solve our problem.

In any case, technology is almost never a solution for selecting good
content. This requires humans - and editorial skills. Essentially, we have
to go through the archives, dredging up buried (but still relevant)
articles and bringing them back to life.

This isn't a job for one person. A few knowledgeable people have to comb
the categories and do it. Fortunately, we don't have to do this for "News"
and probably much of "Reviews and commentary".

Having done this thing for a long while with sites I've managed, I'm quite
willing to help out with this.

Comments?

Madhu

Madhu Menon